Friday, July 5, 2013

Making a tassel

I am sure we have all had a tassel fall apart of us or got a bookmark that's missing a tassel. I have tried to repair or make my own. So here are some instructions for making a bookmark tassel. Here is a video and picture instructions. They are different in how they put them together, so keep that in mind. But the basic idea is the same. I thought variety would be good. So which ever you prefer. These I liked most. If anyone else has a favorite set of instructions they would like to share please feel free to do so! If I find any more good sites I will added to this post.

Step by Step with pictures:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Bookmark-Tassel

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1AxwFphhA


Materials
In one they use embroidery floss. It looks nice, but I feel can be a bit stiff. I have tested with various thin light weight yarns and they worked out better. To be honest I haven't found any kind of string that I am in love with yet. Any suggestions?? Recommendations?
Most strings can be found at a fabric store or in the craft section.

No comments:

Post a Comment