Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Welcome! About Bookmark Archives

Welcome to the start of Bookmark Archives!
I collect bookmarks and couldn't find a place to see lists or references. I thought I would make a place where pictures could be shared and lists of complete collections can be found. It will take time, but I will put up lists of bookmarks I know and as many pictures as I can get my hands on.

I remember my first bookmark. I got Princess Leia from Star Wars at a Little Professor bookstore. Little Professors are all gone now, but I haven't stopped collecting bookmarks. Needless to say I was also crushed when Borders closed!

All posts are a work in progress. I am going to continue to be updating them. If you know of any bookmark I missed, forgotten, or just plain don't know about, PLEASE COMMENT! That is the whole point of this. I also welcome pictures of the bookmarks if they are available.
Please introduce yourselves or if you want me to start working on a bookmark section just comment!
Also I am focusing of officially printed bookmarks. There are a lot of homemade bookmarks that are amazing, but I just can't keep track of those.

I am currently trying to get permission to use bookmark images from Trends international, but I have a link to their site in the mean time along the side.



Sections with be (so far):

Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
Star Wars
Star Trek
Disney (includes princesses, mickey mouse, pixar)
Narnia
Harry Potter
Superheros (Marvel and DC)
Books & books made into movies (example Hunger Games)
Twilight (there are just too many!)
Sci-Fic (Babylon 5, doctor who, X-files)
Fantasy (Eragon, golden compass)
Storybook (Winnie the pooh, Peter Rabbit, )
Movies (avatar, pirates, gone with the wind)
TV
Cartoons, childrens characters (strawberry shortcake)

(If you don't see the section yet, it means I am still working on it. All are a work in progress, but I like to have a bit more than just one set before posting.)

Disclaimer: Pictures are meant to help reference and for entertainment. Some pictures do not belong to me. No copyright infrindgement is intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment